Wednesday, March 13, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Measuring

My students are working on non-standard measuring this month.  For many students it is easy-peasy but for others it takes a little extra practice.  Here's a look at my St. Patrick's Day measuring math work station. 
Students need to measure 15 different St. Patrick's Day pictures.  I have included 2 different rulers.  You may choose to print the colored ones and laminate or have the students color and keep their own.  Of course if you are working on standard measurement a ruler could be used.  For an extra challenge students are asked to estimate before they measure.  There is an I can... card included so students have no excuse but to stay on task.

You can find this activity at my TPT store.   As usual, I'll send a copy to the first 2 followers who leave a comment on this post.

Here's a little freebie if you're interested.  It's an alphabetical order activity to go with the story There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover.  Just click on the picture to download a copy.
And don't forget, there are just a few days left to enter the Leprechaun's Gold Blog Hop.  Click on the picture to get started.  You just might win $100 TPT dollars! The contest will end on March 17th so don't wait long!
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Am I the first comment? No way!
    I love the non-standard! Thanks!!
    amysribbit@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! I hope I'm one of the first two.
    Maria
    meemsickle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well crap! I ALWAYS miss these things ... maybe next time! Looks like a great pack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave you a little "shout-out" tonight. I thought you might like to see your HARD work in action! Have a great rest of the week!

    Karen Rowland
    Adventures With Firsties

    karenrowland112677@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete